Job Description: Assistant Producer (Full-time Position)
Reports to: Artistic & Managing Director
Supervises: Box Office Management
Works closely with: Marketing Manager, Production Manager, Development Consultant
Salary: $31,200 plus benefits
The Assistant Producer will aid in all producing aspects of Winnipeg Jewish Theatre’s performance seasons and will be the main point of liaison for internal and external colleagues. The Assistant Producer reports directly to the Artistic and Managing Director and will coordinate day to day producing requirements along with helping WJT expand its programming and outreach capabilities.
- To provide day to day administrative support in producing functions; supporting the Artistic and Managing Director in ensuring that all work at Winnipeg Jewish Theatre is produced and presented with high-quality production values and in the best possible circumstances
- To work with the Artistic and Managing Director in the formulation of annual and long-term project planning.
- Contributing support and relevant expertise to business planning, strategy and reporting and to work across the organization; liaising with the Marketing Director, Production Manager and Development Coordinator as required
Responsibilities shall include:
- Works cooperatively with ArtSpace Management (bookkeeper) and prepares month end reports
- Aids in developing outreach strategies
- Leads initiatives as directed by the Artistic Director to improve and expand the artistic process
- Assists the Artistic Director with general season planning, helps to obtain producing rights and makes scripts available for artists and the Board to read
- Maintains contact with media sponsors
- Compiles lists of potential advertisers and sponsors
- Coordinates all print media advertisements
- Develops and provides content for the theatre’s monthly newsletter & all three production programs in the season
- Arranges for photographer and videographer for media and archival use
- Edits all publicity material
- Coordinates box office management, front of house manager, and volunteers for each production
- Supervises all educational and outreach programming and coordinates all teaching artists
- Oversees the maintenance of the database of all donors, prospects and responses
- Supervises computer maintenance and server administrator
- Prepares contracts for all artists involved in the season
- Liaises with the Professional Association of Canadian Theatre (PACT) and the Canadian Actors’ Equity Association (CAEA), including creating the CAEA checklist, category calculation, writing concession requests and communicating with PACT about the Canadian Theatre Agreement
- Establishes and maintains all office record keeping both hardcopy and computer
- Other duties as assigned by the Artistic and Managing Director
- Some weekend and holiday hours may be required
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume prior to October 17, 2018 at 5:00 pm to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected to for an interview will be contacted.
WJT acknowledges the generous support of the Winnipeg Foundation to fund this position.